When was the last time someone hit you with a $15,000 price tag? Perhaps it was at the car dealership, or you were engaged in a transaction involving around-the-world airfare on the most luxurious plane in the world.
The last time I heard those words, “that will be $15,000”, I almost fell out of my chair.
I was in a meeting with a life coach, and hearing what it would cost to work with him was heartbreaking — I knew I wanted to change my life, but I had no idea that hiring a talented professional coach would cost as much as a car.
Deep down, I also knew that my decision to invest in myself had nothing to do with Chris —after all, a “no” to him was a “no” to ME and to my dreams.
Above all, I wanted to live.
I wanted to launch a business. I wanted to live out a purpose—whatever that was for me.
But, $15,000??? All my desire for change and fulfillment couldn’t make money rain down from the skies. So, I started brainstorming:
How do I create $15,000 when I’m fully committed, have a mortgage and 38 years old?
I sold my designer clothing on eBay.
And because I was the sort of client that was willing to put everything in my being into this decision, I got the world back from my investment. In part, this is because I chose to work with a coach who had invested heavily in himself, and all those investments he made were reflected in the high price tag. Through our work together, I realised how critical it was to say “yes” to myself, because everything he learned from his mentors was being channeled directly into our work together.
I hear all the time from people who are curious about my experience and want to know if they should hire a life coach. How do you know if it’s time to hire a life coach? How do you trust it will benefit you when we live and work in an incredibly saturated market?
1. Your confidence is not where you want it to be. Everyone is wearing their battle scars, and the difference between those who are happy and sad are the ones who have learned to let pain go. I can’t tell you how many clients hold onto their pain, much like holding a beach ball under the ocean… Exhausting. They can push it down, but grief, trauma or sadness have their ways of creeping up on you, and that means truly facing your battle wounds with the support of a personal development professional. I’ve learned first hand that the only way out of pain is through it. Chris knows how to guide you through your pain and memories in a way that helps you heal and let go.
2. You lack a clear vision… Or your vision is so big you’re overwhelmed. When I hired my first coach, I had some general ideas on what I wanted—to start a business, to help people, to be more authentic in my career— but I wasn’t clear on the specifics, nor did I know how to get there. I was done with the corporate world and clueless on how to make an empowered and strategic exit. Thanks to Chris, I discovered my calling and built a multi 6- figure company in two years time.
3. Your patterns are not supporting your goals. You are clear about where you want to be, but you continue to make self-destructive decisions that keep you tied to your bad habits. You lack the true commitment to really making your dreams a reality and you don’t know how to get on the right track. Chris has plenty of clients who come to him feeling overwhelmed. Overwhelm is a pattern and coping mechanism, so we started with mindset. In the words of John Assaraf, “When you’re interested, you do what’s convenient; when you’re committed, you do whatever it takes.” Chris helps you clear blocks and reach levels of personal commitment and growth you’ve never accessed within yourself.
4. You’re irritable. Are you often in a state of reaction? This can manifest in a number of ways. Perhaps you have frequent road rage, or you turn into a light version of Sybil from The Exorcist when you’re fighting with your partner. Deep down you’re wondering: Why do I fight so hard? And you often find yourself feeling guilty for the way you react. Chris teaches really powerful nature based mind control and mental strength skills to prevent these life altering blow outs. I’m calmer than ever.
5. You’re in a huge transition. Whether you’re looking to make a huge career change, or you’re facing a significant life transition, it’s no secret you’ll burn your friends and family out if you treat them like therapists. Transitions bring up stress, anxiety, and uncertainty, all of which have the tendency to set us on edge and make us feel as though we need to talk things through…over and over again. Drum roll, please: enter Chris. This is a great time to seek out the support you need to seamlessly and effectively transition into your next steps of life with positivity.
6. You’re craving more purpose. You may be having huge success in your career, yet you still feel unfulfilled. I came into Chris’ outdoor office years ago without a sense of self, and I left in a career that really speaks to who I am.
So, you’re probably thinking, why not hire a shrink? Good question. The key difference between Chris’ coaching and psychologists is that psychologists focus on looking back to heal, while Chris focusses on the future with the strategy of positive performance. While he may use therapy tools, his intention is always to mirror a mindset shift with an external goal in the world. It’s not just about healing; it’s about positively creating.
You don’t need a coach—you are perfect just as you are. Chris is just there to help you get clear and make the greatness you have to offer happen faster.
In the words of Albert Einstein, “Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” After months of thinking myself in circles, those words brought such clarity: I needed a new approach; I needed a new level of thought. In my case, that meant I needed a third party.
There’s nothing powerful about marinating, so go out and step into your power. Why waste even more time saying no to your dreams, when you can say yes to the transformation that awaits you?