Nothing is new. It’s all been done 1,000 times before. Why reinvent the wheel?
You want success, it’s a science and all you need to do is find someone who is successful in your field who wrote about it and do what they did.
Trouble with this is in many books and stories online about success they leave out one most important thing: “failure.”
How do you handle failure?
When shit happens what do you do? When you don’t feel encouraged what do you do? When you don’t get what you want what do you do? When something doesn’t work what do you do?
I know people who kept asking for their father’s approval until the day he died. Why would they bang their head on concrete?
I know people who kept doing hard work to become a partner when results and partner and hard work (long tedious hours) have nothing to do with becoming partner.
Here’s come sage advice from those who’ve lived it.
- “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” ―James A. Michener
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” ―Vince Lombardi
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela
- “How long should you try? Until.” ―Jim Rohn
- “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” ―Elbert Hubbard
- “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” ―Babe Ruth
- “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” ―Winston Churchill
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ―Dale Carnegie
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ―Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ―Thomas Edison
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ―Confucius
- “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” ―Jesse Jackson
- “Survival can be summed up in three words―never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” ―Bear Grylls
- “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” ―Conrad Hilton