You can be 50 years old and feel the vitality of a 20 year old. It is easy to do with pills and alcohol and sugar but that means you feel 20 but might start to look 90.
There is a better way. Nature’s way of staying vital and alive naturally. Ask yourself these questions tonight and be honest with yourself:
- Do you feel the love of the creator in your heart during your working day?
- Do you see the love of the creator in the eyes of your family?
- When you look at your total body in the mirror do you feel blessed or cursed?
It is so easy to bookend our day with meditation and connection in the morning and night but what happens in between those moments is your spirituality in reality.
I cannot teach you what is the right and wrong thing to do during your day, but you will feel it. If you feel bad you know it is bad. If you feel loving, generous, kind and thankful then I think you will feel good. This feeling is a self affirming.
There are some things i do know about feeling good during the day. I would like to share them:
- If you turn up at work already fulfilled from your morning session you will be in a very strong place and feel empowered. This means you won’t be aggressive or mean and therefore you’ll feel better about yourself.
- If you take everything you hear throughout the day and take it personally, then you have lost the space between yourself and others that nature brings to your heart to give context to the ego, emotion and choices. If that happens you’ll feel bad no matter what you eat or drink.
- If there is no meaning in what you do during the day there will be heartlessness, this is often called boredom but it is also self deprecation. If you link whatever you do to your purpose, you can feel good irrespective of the task at hand. Don’t change the task or job, change your attitude first. Attitudes transport themselves and can ruin the best of situations.
- Don’t blame people. It is too easy to say that other people ruined your day but they cannot do more to you than you. If you don’t have the self respect to value your body, health, nature and start to the day, why should anyone else care?
- Dress well. You know when you feel bad you dress bad. It may be smarter to dress beautifully even if you don’t have to. It is not about discomfort in high shoes or tight clothes, it is about dressing for fulfilment. Feel good.
I have listed five of 100 ways to feel good at work. Maybe you’d like to list a few more. I’ll share more of mine later.