We hope this email finds you well. We also hope you enjoy reading the latest news from SCAI in Nepal in the attached newsletter!
Some of the exciting highlights include:
- 10th Anniversary of SCAI & NGO partner SO Nepal, & a brief timeline of major milestones over the past 10 years
- Winter warmer beanie campaign, which bought warmth and smiles to almost 6000 poor children elderly and disabled
- 5th group of teens pass their SLC
- Year 12 graduates reach independence
- Re-connection and reintegration of more children to their families
- Earthquake relief work – latest goal 156 homes for single mothers!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, and we would warmly welcome your suggestions for future quarterly newsletters.
Thank you all for your ongoing support, it has been humbling to receive the very generous support for the earthquake victims in addition to all our ongoing work.
There are still thousands living without adequate shelter following the recent earthquakes and numerous schools where children are still not able to study effectively due to damaged classrooms. Our focus continues to be on building homes for single mothers and rebuilding schools. For only $200 we can construct a 2 roomed home with a toilet for a mother and her children, a very small cost to provide a basic necessity most of us take for granted, so please let us know if you know of anyone who may be able to help!
And please help us spread the word and keep up with our progress regularly at www.facebook.com/SCAI.Aust
With thanks and best wishes,
Emma and Team
Sunrise Children’s Association Inc. (SCAI) Australia/Nepal
Tel: +977 98033 70997 (Nepal)